On 9 February 1945, the 1st Canadian Corps, composed of the First Canadian Division, the 5th Canadian Armoured Division, and the 1st Canadian Armoured Brigade (previously known as the 1st Canadian Army Tank Brigade), withdrew from northern Italy. It was transferred to the 1st Canadian Army under the command of Canadian General Henry D.G. Crerar. The transfer was done in the strictest secrecy, and, on 15 March 1945, the 1st Canadian Corps joined the 1st Canadian Army in Holland.

 

Copyright © 2015 The Loyal Edmonton Regiment Museum
Prince of Wales Armouries Heritage Centre
10440 - 108 Ave, Edmonton